I was just thinking about how important it is to try and purchase locally. I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about some of the artists I know and why I would like to promote their endeavors.
- Annie E – Annie is a spitfire poet with a touch of home cooked. Currently living in Marquette, MI, and will probably be moving to Madison, WI soon, I am going to miss her a lot!
- Kim Nixon – Kim is a creative writer from currently living in Marquette, MI. She always is concocting some new and interesting way of being creative. She writes great articles about her travels in the Upper Peninsula, and also take some great photos.
- Ryan Dahlman Ceramics – Wonderful wood-fired ceramics, available at the Marquette Food Co-op.
- Cindy Wedig Ceramics – Lovely handcrafted ceramics, also available at the Marquette Food Co-op.
- Joey Graci – Wood turnings and many other items. I me Joey at Hiawatha Music Festival this past summer. We were both students still in college at NMU, selling our handcrafted items. He has items on display (Nov 28th- Jan 14th 2007) at the DeVos art museum for his senior show.
- Birch Leaf Designs – Awesome wooden and fabric items with your children in mind.
- Aaron Sault – Very unique and interesting hand crafted jewelry in precious metals, furs, and many other interesting materials. Aaron is a recent graduate of Northern Michigan University. He is very meticulous when it comes to craftsmanship.
- Andy Gregg Bike Furniture – Really awesome furniture made out of recycled bikes!
- Beth Millner – Well, this is me I make different jewelry and you can check me out at my website.
If you are an artist in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and you would like me to add a link to your website, or to write about where your items are on consignment, or just contact information, please post comments below with your name and any other pertinent information. If I happen to know you personally, better yet because I may have something nice to say about you! You can also send me an e-mail if that is better firstname.lastname@example.org