Are you looking for an inexpensive and elegant way to display you handmade earrings? When doing art shows, I receive many compliments on how my earrings are displayed. I made these displays at the beginning of last summer and found them to be very functional. Minimal wire working skills are needed, and basic pliers. The great part is that each display stacks inside the next, so they become very compact. They also allow for each piece of earrings to have their own display rack, accentuating their uniqueness!
16 gauge wire (a little larger than 1/8″ diameter). Twenty inches per display
Needle Nose Pliers
Flat Nose Pliers, or Chain Nose Pliers
Sharpie (or any permanent marker)
1. Cut a piece of wire 20 inches long. Keep the natural curve in the wire (from the spool), try not to bend it while measuring; each bend will take more time to undo. The measurement doesn’t have to be extremely precise, even if you are off 1/2 inch, it doesn’t matter much.
2. Measure 5 inches, then make a mark on the wire with the sharpie. Then go to the other end and measure 5 inches and make a mark on the wire with the sharpie.
4. Put the wire in front of you so it looks like a rainbow (if for some reason you have 20 inches of straight wire, that will work also.) look for you first sharpie mark and make a 90 degree bend, perpendicular to the counter. Then do the same to the other mark, so it is somewhat parallel to the other side that was just bent.
5. Use your hands to form the display like the one above, making a curve in the middle and adjusting the side pieces.
6. Using your needle nose pliers, bend a loop at the end of each wire. (If you are planning on displaying stud earrings, I would suggest making the loops at the top smaller)
Handcrafted Sterling Silver and Copper Lamination Earrings
on a Handmade display
7. Put some earrings on the display and adjust the stand by bending with your hands if needed.
Please let me know how these instructions worked for you!
Also if you have any questions or general comments!
If you would like to purchase earring display racks, please visit My Etsy Store!